MISSION STATEMENT: The Great Basin Anthropological Association (GBAA) promotes the study of the peoples and cultures of the Great Basin of the western United States and its relationship to adjacent regions.
The Association serves:
- As the coordinator of the biennial Great Basin Anthroplogical Conference (GBAC);
- To enhance communication within the anthropological community in the Great Basin and with the greater anthropological community;
- To exchange ideas to help promote teaching, research and service in the area of Great Basin anthropology;
- To improve communication among individual practitioners whether they work in government service, the private sector, education, or other organizations; and
- To review and make recommendations on government policies, regulations, and laws deemed to be in accord with the subject matter of the Association.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
F. Kirk Halford
Deputy Preservation Officer/State Archaeologist
Bureau of Land Management, Idaho State Office
1387 S Vinnell Way, Boise, ID 83709
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology
University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia St., Reno, NV 89557-0096
Far Western Anthropological Research Group, Inc.
2727 Del Rio Place, Suite A
Davis, CA 95618
8 East Broadway, Suite 300
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Bureau of Land Management, Utah State Office
440 West 200 South Suite 500
Salt Lake City, UT 84101-1345
MEMBER AT LARGE (4 Year)
100 E. Las Flores Ave.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555