MISSION STATEMENT: The Great Basin Anthropological Association (GBAA) promotes the study of the peoples and cultures of the Great Basin of the western United States and its relationship to adjacent regions.
The Association serves:
- As the coordinator of the biennial Great Basin Anthroplogical Conference (GBAC);
- To enhance communication within the anthropological community in the Great Basin and with the greater anthropological community;
- To exchange ideas to help promote teaching, research and service in the area of Great Basin anthropology;
- To improve communication among individual practitioners whether they work in government service, the private sector, education, or other organizations; and
- To review and make recommendations on government policies, regulations, and laws deemed to be in accord with the subject matter of the Association.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology
University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia St., Reno, NV 89557-0096
State Archaeologist, BLM, UT
440 West 200 South, Ste. 500
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Far Western Anthropological Research Group, Inc.
Desert Branch | 1180 Center Point Drive, Suite 100
Henderson, NV 89074
257 East 200 South Suite 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
State Archaeologist, Idaho State Historical Society, Boise, ID
210 Main Street, Boise, ID 83706
MEMBER AT LARGE (4 Year)
NPS, Big South Fork, NRRA
P.O. Box 4513 Oneida, TN 37841