The Founders Lifetime Achievement Awards recognize the exceptional contributions of members that have participated for more than 20 years in the development of Great Basin Anthropology. Contributions can be through research and publications and through distinguished service that improves education, communication, and interaction between individuals, groups, and various state, federal, and local agencies.
Nominees must have a publication record of major contributions and/or a record of distinguished service. The service and research contributions of a nominee may be in the fields of archaeology, biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, and/or linguistics: or in ancillary disciplines of the earth, biological, or social sciences, so long as these have contributed the anthropological study of the peoples and cultures of the Great Basin.
Past Founders Recipients:
- 2008 Donald and Katherine Fowler, 31st Conference, Portland, OR
- 2010 Joel Janetski, 32nd Conference, Layton, UT
- 2012 Donald Grayson/ Mel Aikens, 33rd Conference, Stateline, NV
- 2014 David Madsen/ Dave Thomas, 34th Conference, Boise, ID
- 2016 Robert Bettinger/Robert Elston, 35th Conference, Reno, NV